Academic Learning Center Home
The Academic Learning Center provides assistance with study and reading techniques and comprehension for St. Cloud State students. We also train students who want to help others succeed at learning.
We design programs and materials to help students be more efficient and effective learners.
We provide help through several methods:
- Courses. COLL 110 Reading and Study Strategies and COLL 120 Power Reading help you get on track quickly.
- Tutoring. We offer subject tutoring in general education courses in 15+ subject areas.
- One-on-one study strategy appointments. We can help with general study strategies like note-taking, retention and time management that will improve your college learning.
- Tutor training. We provide training for peer tutors across campus.
- Resources for students and faculty. Use our handouts, tip sheets, PowerPoints, internet links to build new skills.
We help faculty incorporate study strategies into their classes. Contact us.