[Purchasing] Purchasing Manual
It is the intent of the Purchasing Department at St. Cloud State University to provide the campus community with responsible purchasing. This includes timely purchases of goods and services at the lowest possible cost with consideration of quality, quantity and delivery based on market conditions. This will be accomplished as per laws, rules and regulations of the State of Minnesota, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities and St. Cloud State University.
In recent years, the University has benefited from policy changes which have granted us increased spending authority. Along with these enhanced abilities comes greater accountability and responsibility to follow procedures and stay within guidelines. This will be accomplished by the cooperation and planning of all SCSU departments.
Training for the Purchase Control System (PCS) is available by calling 8-4187 once you have your Purchase Control System Security form submitted.
The following manual has been produced to guide you through most of your purchasing needs.
Download the full Purchasing Manual (PDF: 30 pages) or view each section below.
- Code of Ethics and Governing Statutes and Policies
- Obligations Incurred Prior to an Encumbrance (16A Violation)
- Purchasing up to $15,000
- Purchasing $15,000 - $50,000
- Purchasing of $50,000 or more
- Purchase Control System Status Codes
- Purchase Control System Security
- Cellular Phones
- Certificate of Compliance (Affirmative Action)
- Certificates of Insurance
- Copiers (Rentals)
- Food Purchases
- Maintenance Agreements
- Proprietary Advertising
- Sole Source Items
- Special Expenses
- Targeted/Economically Disadvantaged Vendor Program
- Helpful Hints & Reminders
- Who to Call for Help or Questions
- Object Codes
Commonly Used Forms
- Payment Request (PR1400) (pdf)
- Form 16A (SCSU019) (pdf)
- Quote Form (SCSU004) (DOC)
- Vendor Request Form (pdf) and IRS Form W-9 (pdf)
- Request to Incur Special Expenses (DOC)
Request to Incur Special Expenses (PDF)
Additional Information & Manuals