Leadership Exploration And Development Conference
The Leadership Exploration and Development (L.E.A.D.) Conference is an opportunity for St. Cloud State University students to explore their personal journey of leadership.
We challenge students to define leadership and help them gain knowledge and skills that they will be able to use as an active student leader in the SCSU community and beyond. This conference is for all students interested in leadership and will host suggested tracks for students to get the most out of their L.E.A.D. experience including:
- Emerging Leaders: new leaders who may or may not hold any leadership positions
- Developing Leaders: experienced leaders
- Transitioning Leaders: leaders who are toward the end of their academic career and will soon be transitioning into a career
THANK YOU! to everyone who attended, presented, sponsored and volunteered to make the inaugural Leadership Exploration and Development Conference a success!
Information about the 2nd Leadership Exploration and Development Conference will be coming soon! If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Program Materials for attendees:
Here are materials from presentations from the conference.
10:30a.m.-11:30a.m.- Registration and Check-in
11:30a.m.-12:00p.m.- Lunch provided
12:00p.m.-12:50p.m.- Keynote Speaker, Ryan Penneau (see bio below)
1:00p.m.-1:50p.m.- Session 1
- Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations
- What is Leadership?
- Resume Building
- Wrestle with Elephants or Changing the World Like a Rock Star Would
- Group Mock Interview
- How to be an Organized Leader
2:00p.m.-2:50p.m.- Employer Panel in Cascade Room
3:00p.m.-3:50p.m.- Session 2
- Too Many Fish in the Sea
- Your Journey Requires Reflection and Risk Taking
- Leading for Change: The Case of Communicating Common Ground Project
- Leadership Without Borders: Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion of International Student Leaders
- Be a Community Superhero
- Thank You Very Much
- The Essential Leadership Ingredient For Future Success: Diversity, Its Understanding and Development.
4:00p.m.-4:50p.m.- Session 3
- Real World: Leadership
- Veterans: Identifying and Enhancing the Leadership Assets They Bring to the Workplace
- Leading for the greater good: Lessons learned from Communicating Common Ground Model
- Leadership as a Process: Moving the Group Forward
- Mo•ti•va•tion \mō-tə-ˈvā-shən\ the desire to do; interest or drive
- “Hello, my name is…” The Art of Networking
- In Pursuit of Balance
- Mock Interviews
5:00p.m.-6:00p.m.- Networking Social in Cascade Room
Please check back to this website for updates on the conference as we get closer.
Recognized by administrators, students, and staff everywhere as the “most effective and energetic college student speaker,” Ryan is a speaker and trainer that you will always remember! Passively skating his way through college, wandering through six different majors, and balancing jobs, screaming, roommates, and the stress that comes from18 credits a semester, it wasn’t until one leadership development experience that changed his entire paradigm of the college experience and the possibilities that await every college student! Through 8 years of speaking and facilitating, it has become Ryan’s mission to put the responsibility of education and success back in the hands of STUDENTS through energizing curriculum and delivery.
After graduating from the University of Wisconsin- Green Bay, at the age of 22, Ryan was working under the entrepreneur king, Famous Dave Anderson (Famous Dave’s BBQ) as the director of Famous Dave’s Leadership Training Organization. Since then, he has spoken to thousands, coached hundreds, and continues to create the most innovative and unique programs designed to engage and transform students toward active participants of their college experience and ultimately career/life success.
Ryan is the founder and owner of Take Back College, as well as author, speaker, trainer, and playwright. His college success book, Degree in Ninja: A College Student’s Guide to Study, Strike, and Succeed is endorsed by several student life directors and professors, and is consumed by hundreds of students every year. He has received the most stand-out results and feedback from faculty and students everywhere and continues to rise to the top of the college speaking and training circuit as one of the best in the nation!
To learn more about Ryan visit the Take Back College Website: Take Back College