Join a Student Organization
How Do I Get Involved?
Opportunities for involvement won't come to you...you have to seek them out! Finding a club or organization that is right for you involves taking risks and trying something new. Here are some things you can do to get started:
- Attend Mainstreet or Sidestreet, our annual fall and spring student organization fairs! They showcase over 250 student organizations. You will be able to meet members of the group and find out more about their organization. These events are a part of our semi-annual Kick-Off celebration.
- Create a CollegiateLink profile using your StarID and password.
- Check the website or brochure for a complete list of student organizations. For a quick and easy way to connect with a student organization, check them out on CollegiateLink. There you can read more about the club's purpose and get connected.
- Choose a few organizations and prioritize which ones you want to join according to your interest and how they will benefit you.
- Organizations are always looking to recruit new members, so attend the meeting of those groups you are interested in. It's an opportunity for you to get information about their activities and learn about their purpose. If the meeting times and programs are posted on the club websites, you can always assume you are welcome. If they are not posted, contact the group leaders listed on the website and ask when the next meeting is.
- Talk to other students about your interests or major and find out if there is a student organization organized around your interest and join it.
- Find out if your major department has a student organization.
- Visit the Student Organization Office
Why Should I Get Involved?
Getting involved in student organizations can be one of the greatest, most rewarding experiences you will have while you are in college. St. Cloud State student organizations reflect the diversity of student life on campus. By joining one of the organizations you will have the opportunity to:
- Network and socialize with students who have similar interests.
- Interact with a wide variety of faculty and staff.
- Build experience for your resume.
- Gain invaluable skills for future employment.
- Grow professionally by learning about management and organization skills which are beneficial in any job setting.
- Build social skills by interacting with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Enhance communication skills.
- Develop leadership skills by learning to take responsibility and manage challenges.
- It provides a good opportunity to network with seniors/alumni and learn about their experiences. It will help you in job search and mentoring.
- Make friends and have fun!
Who Can I Call with More Questions?
Contact the Student Organizations Office at 320-308-3065 or firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Student Organizations Office, AMC 160, and we'll be happy to connect you with someone who can assist you.