Benefits of being an Advisor
There are several rewards associated with being the adviser to a student organization. They include:
- Observe and assist in the development of students.
- Teach, lead, and coach students.
- Serve as a reference for students.
- Serve as a mentor for students.
- Observe culture changes in the life of the University and community.
- Form networks with colleagues involved as advisers in similar organizations.
- Provide service to the University.
- Participate in an organization whose purpose you support.
- Receive recognition by the institution, the organization, and students for a job well done.