Employer Terms and Conditions
- The St. Cloud State University (SCSU) Career Services Center (CSC) subscribes to and endorses the Principles of Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals as published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). As such, all employers who wish to utilize the SCSUCareers.com job posting and campus recruiting site must agree to abide by these principles.
- In addition to abiding by NACE standards, all employers/individuals must also conform to the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities policies regarding Nondiscrimination and all applicable Equal Opportunity Laws.
- All employers requesting access to CSC services and/or events must be registered users of SCSUCareers.com. New employers may request an employer account at SCSUCareers.com.
- By logging on to SCSUCareers.com, the employer agrees to the terms and conditions set forth by SCSU for the use of this online recruiting system.
- Employers must provide complete contact information when registering for SCSUCareers.com. Employers are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of employer information, full contact name and address, as well as all information in job descriptions. A valid e-mail address and phone number are mandatory to communicate directly with the employer contact(s). All job postings must include a complete description of the type of work involved.
- The employer contact person is responsible for the distribution and use of his/her SCSUCareers.com username and password, as well as its use and misuse. Any user found to be using SCSUCareers.com inappropriately or inconsistent with the University and CSC guidelines will have their access to SCSUCareers.com revoked.
- Employers who require candidates to purchase products as condition of employment or those who charge a fee of any kind to candidates for their employment services will not be granted access to the SCSUCareers.com system.
- Private Households/Individuals: Effective June 15, 2014, postings from private households/individuals will no longer be accepted. This includes, but is not limited to, personal care attendants, house cleaning, yard work, nannies, tutors, pet care, etc. This is a precaution for the safety of all involved. An alternative site that private households/individuals may want to consider to promote their hiring needs is www.care.com, as their site includes a wide variety of in home job postings.
- Candidate information accessed by employers is to be used solely by that employer and must not be sold or otherwise distributed to any entity other than the specific employer who has access to SCSUCareers.com.
- The CSC staff will review complaints by students, alumni, faculty, and staff about employers or jobs posted on the SCSUCareers.com system. If the staff determines that a complaint is justified, the CSC may choose to deny employer services to the employer involved. The CSC Director or the appropriate designee's interpretation and implementation of these policies are final.
- The CSC will regularly update and enhance SCSUCareers.com and may, from time to time, revise the Employer Terms and Conditions. Use of SCSUCareers.com is governed by the Employer Terms and Conditions posted at the time of use.
- Failure to abide by these terms and conditions may result in discontinuation of access to SCSUCareers.com. Other reasons for discontinuation of access include, but are not limited to, invalid employer e-mail addresses, inappropriate messaging, evidence of fraudulent activity, or other items deemed inappropriate by the CSC Director or the appropriate designee. The CSC Director or the appropriate designee's interpretation and implementation of the "Employer Terms and Conditions" is final. Any exception to these terms and conditions must be negotiated between the CSC Director or the appropriate designee and the employer representative.
For detailed instructions on using our system, please check out our Employer Guide or view them on our website.