Additional Budget Information
As St. Cloud State University moves through its budget planning process, it is important that faculty and staff have access to up-to-date and accurate information. This site was created to publish and exchange information and solicit ideas. Please check this site frequently to access the most current information from SCSU administration, MnSCU and the Minnesota State Budget Office.
MnSCU FISCAL YEAR 2014-2015 Biennial Budget Request
The fiscal year 2014-2015 budget request, Working Together for Minnesota’s Prosperity, asks for additional state support of $97 million over the biennium ($40 million in the first year and $57 million in the second). The state’s support represents 35% of a three-way partnership that comprises the total support for the system. An additional 35% of the proposal is supported by campus efficiencies and external funding. The remaining 29% is contributed by students through a modest tuition increase. The additional state support contained in the proposal would be directed to three specific areas all of which are tied to advancing the Strategic Framework: 1. Advance competitiveness of Minnesota’s workforce; 2. Increase access and affordability; and 3. Accelerate completion.
FISCAL YEAR 2013 financial information
FY 2013 MnSCU CFO FINANCE CONFERENCE
Financial TRENDS AND HIGHLIGHTS
FISCAL YEAR 2012 financial information
- FY2011 to FY2012 Carry Forward (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2012 Tuition and Fee Rates (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2012 Original Expense Budget Overview (PDF)
- FY2012 IFO PST Funds Allocation (PDF)
- FY 2012 MSUAASF PDF Funds (PDF)
Fiscal year 2012 reports
Explanatory Notes to Quarterly General Fund Revenue and Expense Report
Prepared by Diana Burlison: 1/13/05 (Revised 8/11/2008)
General Fund are those funds allocated via MNSCU from legislative action (appropriation), tuition collected and fees related to classroom activities such as special course fees.
Any carry forward balance is reflected under Other Revenues, Current Budget and Budget Balance.
- Accounts Receivable is the amounts we have billed the students or external parties and are still waiting for payment.
- Original Budget is the budget estimated as of July 1 of the current fiscal year.
- Current Budget reflects any changes in the budget between July 1 of the current fiscal year and date of report.
- Revenues YTD are revenue that have been collected from July 1 of the current fiscal year and date of report.
- Budget Balance is the amount under Current Budget subtracted from the Revenues YTD.
- Classified Salaries include bargaining units AFSCME, MAPE, MMA, Commissioner’s Plan and Classified Employees Plan.
- Unclassified Salaries include bargaining units IFO, MSUAASF and Administrators.
- Fringes include FICA and Medicare, retirement and insurance.
- Student Salary, Student Assist. and Graduate Assist. Category reflect negative balances because funds are held in Financial Aid budget for some student salary federal and state required match and Graduate Assistance funding is budgeted in Graduate Studies cost center.
- Tuition Waiver funds for Graduate Assistants are budgeted in Graduate Studies cost center.