- On the evening of March 11th, the MS-MTQ program director will be doing a presentation on this program at the Minnesota ASQ monthly meeting held at Crowne Plaza in Plymouth, MN. You sign up for this session whether you are an ASQ member or not. To see more details click on this link:
- Individual MSMTQ courses can be taken on an independent basis and can be excellent for training and professional development. Registration is on a space available basis. This coming summer 2014, the following courses are being offered and starting on May 5th:
- MTQ-628: Design Control and Product Development
- MTQ-638: Supplier Development and Management
To see more details of the classes content check out the course catalog link on the bottom of the "About MTQ" page. To see the class schedule and the instructor teams go to the "Schedule" page and click on the "detailed schedule" link at the top of the page.
- We are pleased to announce that the collaboration of educational sessions at the SCSU Twin Cities Graduate Center with LifeScience Alley will continue for 2014. The schedule is currently being developed and will be posted soon. Sessions will continue to be held on mornings and cover topics from the MSMTQ program as well as the MSRAS and MSACR degree programs.
- On March 13th SCSU held a very successful job fair at the Twin Cities Graduate Center specifically for MS-ACR (Clinical) students and MS-RAS (Regulatory) students. Fifteen medtech industry companies including the seven largest medical device companies in Minnesota chose to participate in this event. These fifteen companies represent > 2/3 of the medical device industry employment (20,000) in the state of Minnesota! We will be repeating this job fair including students in the MS-MTQ (Quality) program in spring 2014.
- The grand opening of the new ISELF facility was held on August 21st, 2013. This integrated Science & Engineering facility is a powerful new tool for SCSU, students, and industries which was conceptualized by former Dean of the College of Science & Engineering, Dr. David DeGroote who was also the founder of the three Master of Science programs in medical technology including this program. Here are links to news articles on the opening of this new facility at SCSU.
- Some recent articles were published online that talk about the employment and salaries in the medical device industry that includes both Quality and Regulatory. Here are the links:
- 6/20/12 – Program Announcement: St. Cloud State offers master’s in medical technology quality
The Quality profession is critical for medtech business success in ensuring high quality standards that meet the needs of FDA, International Regulatory, and ultimately patient safety. The Master of Science in Medical Technology Quality program is designed in close collaboration with the medtech industry to provide students with the necessary tools and competencies needed to be effective professionals and leaders in medical technology Quality. It will build a solid foundation for students wishing to enter this profession and help to expand and strengthen the knowledge of current Quality professionals.
The program is designed for working professionals with classes offered evenings and weekends at the SCSU Twin Cities Graduate Center in Maple Grove. Courses will be taught primarily by industry experts in this field with many years of practical experience and leadership working for medical device and technology companies. The program will also leverage the expertise of select University Professors that specialize in key knowledge areas. Like the Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Research Masters programs this program’s direction and evolution will also be guided by the same but expanded Medtech Industry Advisory Board made up of some of the industry’s top executive leadership in Quality and related fields.
Check out the rest of this website to learn more about this exciting new program. If you don’t find answers to all your questions, the SCSU staff will be happy to help.
To be sent updates on program enhancements, class schedules and new offerings, complete and submit this form.