Online Registration Guide
For registration questions when using this system call the Office or Records and Registration, (320) 308-2111 or email email@example.com
Step 1: Open your web browser and point it to http://www.stcloudstate.edu/registrar and click on “E-Services Sign-In”.
Step 2: At the St. Cloud State University Login screen, enter your Login ID and your password.
- Login ID: (STAR ID)
Step 3: Click on the "Login" button.
Step 4: Click on Courses and Registration on the left side.
Step 5: Click on the Registration Access Code link
(Contact your advisor for code). Change the semester, if necessary, and click on Courses and Registration and Registration Access Code again. Enter your 6-digit access code and click on the “Submit” button.
[Not needed if a graduate student, accepted to a major, already entered for the term. Intended and accepted Engineering majors always need an access code.]
Step 6: To register for classes, using Quick Add (Register) click on Quick Add.
- The Quick Add Registration Form will appear. Change the semester, if necessary.
- Enter the 6 digit Course ID number for each class you want in the Course ID column.
- After entering your choices, click on the Register button.
- Confirm Courses will appear. The list of the courses you are attempting to register for will display. Possible problems related to your registration will display. If this looks correct, enter your password in the box and click Register.
- The Registration Results screen will appear. It will display successful or failed registration. If successful, check your class schedule to make sure it is correct. If failed, call the Office or Records and Registration (320-308-2111) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 7: To register for classes, using Search for a Course click on Search for a Course.
- The Search for a Course at St Cloud State screen will appear. Change semester, if necessary.
- You can search from the drop down Subject menu, Delivery Online, Hybrid Classroom (some seat time), Classroom or All or Keyword. Enter your search and click on Find Courses. A list of search results will appear. Click on the course name for more information about the course or click on the plus sign icon "Add to Your Wish List" in the Actions box under the subject.
- You may continue to add courses to your plan until your schedule is complete.
- If you add a course to your plan in error, click the box for the course added in error and it will be removed by selecting Remove Selected Courses(s) from Wish List.
- When all course selections are in your wish list, check the boxes next to the courses and then click on Select Course(s) to proceed to Register. If you have not entered your access code and you need one, you will be prompted to do so.
- The Review Plan screen will appear. The list of the courses in which you are attempting to register will display. Possible problems related to your registration will also display. If the courses are correct, enter your password in the box to the left of "Enter your password and register" and click on Register.
- The Registration Results screen will appear. It will display successful or failed registration. If were successful, check your class schedule to make sure it is correct. If failed, call the Office or Records and Registration (320-308-2111) or email email@example.com.
Step 8: To Drop a course in which you are registered, click on View/Modify Class Schedule (left column). Change semester if necessary. Click on the Course ID of the class you wish to drop. Select Drop/Withdraw from the drop down menu and click on Process. You will be prompted to enter your password and click on Process Request. Please check your Class Schedule after a drop/withdrawal to ensure the drop has been processed.
Step 9: When you have finished, be sure to click on the Logout button located near the upper right corner of your screen.
Need help with Registration?
Available Fall/Spring Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Available Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Or email : firstname.lastname@example.org