Instructions for Addition of a Field to a Current MN Teaching License
Use these instructions if you have a six-digit File Folder number with the Minnesota Department of Education. NOTE: If you are required to complete Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exams for this addition, you must have received the official score report (email with barcode) BEFORE you apply for the license.
Submit the following items to the Office of Records and Registration for institutional endorsement: (Any partial or incomplete submission will be returned to the applicant.)
- Completed application and conduct review statement
- Go to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) Web site at http://www.education.state.mn.us/mde/index.html for license application.
- Click on Educator Excellence and then choose Licensing.
- Scroll down to Forms for Processes Not Yet Available Online and click on Application to Add a Field to an Existing Minnesota License.
- You have two choices to complete the Application for Minnesota Teaching/Administrative/Related Services form:
- complete it on your computer and then print it OR
- print it and complete it using black ink. Please call 651-582-8691 if you experience any problems.
- Complete sections 1, 2, 3, and 4. Do not complete section 5 - it will be completed by the SCSU License Certifying Officer. NOTE: Section 6 is only for those applying for Superintendent, Principal, and/or Director of Special Education licenses.
- Complete the Conduct Review Statement – p.4, p.5 and, if applicable, p.6. Be sure to sign and date p.5.
Please send the items listed above directly to:
Office of Records and Registration
St. Cloud State University
720 4th Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
The SCSU License Certifying Officer will verify completion of your program and mail your application packet to the Minnesota Department of Education for you. Any partial or incomplete packet will be returned to the applicant.
Any questions can be directed to Rita Moore at 320-308-4037 or email@example.com.