To obtain enrollment certification for governmental or private agencies, see Enrollment Verification under Record Information.
A transcript is a chronological listing of a student’s St. Cloud State University courses, grades, GPA, transfer credit totals and degree(s).
These are obtained online by the student and does not include the signature of the Registrar or the school seal. If sending to a 3rd party, please verify if an unofficial transcript is acceptable for submission. A faxed transcript is considered unofficial.
You can view your unofficial transcript online by:
- Go to the e-Services Sign-In.
- Enter your SCSU ID and Password (click in the box to the right of the student ID box if you wish to have your name appear on any documents when printing). Click on "Login Now".
- Click on Grades and Transcripts.
- Click on Academic Record (left column).
- Choose Chronological and click on "Get Academic Record". Your unofficial transcript will be displayed.
- If you wish to print this information, please use the print feature associated with your web browser.
St. Cloud State University official transcripts bear the Registrar's signature and are printed on security paper. The University seal is printed on the transcript. Official transcripts are mailed in envelopes with the imprint “Official Transcript Enclosed”. Requests for official transcripts are usually processed within two-three business days of receiving a correctly completed request.
Please note: If you currently have outstanding financial obligations to the University, your transcript request will be returned to you.
If you need an official SCSU transcript sent to a Minnesota State College or University, that institution may be able to obtain your SCSU transcript free of charge. Please contact that institution directly for further information. If you need an official SCSU transcript sent to any of the University of Minnesota campuses or any other school, please choose one of the options listed below.
Ordering an Official Transcript (3 options):
St. Cloud State University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide its online transcript ordering service. This service provides students with timely notices regarding their transcript request as well as order status history. Individuals who have both a major credit card and a valid email address can request an official transcript through this service. Credit cards will be charged only after orders have been processed. The cost of an official St. Cloud State University transcript ordered from the National Student Clearinghouse is $5.00 per transcript plus their additional $2.25 processing fee for a total of $7.25 per transcript.
ATTENTION! DO NOT use the online transcript ordering option if you need an official SCSU transcript sent to a Minnesota State College or University. That institution may be able to obtain your SCSU transcript free of charge. Please contact that institution directly for further information.
- Current SCSU students: National Student Clearinghouse Self-Service website
- Alumni and former SCSU students: Student Clearinghouse website
|2. By mail ($5 per transcript)
Complete the transcript request form (PDF: 10K/1 page) and submit to:
Office of Records and Registration, AS-118
St. Cloud State University
720 4th Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
|3. In person ($5 per transcript)
Pick up and/or submit the transcript request form (PDF: 10K/1 page) at the Office of Records and Registration, Administrative Services-118.
Transcripts CANNOT be requested via e-mail, telephone or fax.
Types of Delivery Service
|Regular (Mailed within 2-3 business days. Allow sufficient time for delivery by U.S. mail; up to 3 weeks for international mail):||$5.00 each|
|Rush Service – Same day in-office pick up (Allow one hour processing time prior to 3:30 pm):||$10.00 each|
- Make checks or money orders payable to St. Cloud State University.
- Requests will not be processed without payment and your transcript request will be returned.
To request an official transcript with a letter
Your letter must include (transcript request form (PDF: 10K / 1 page)):
- Full complete name and current address
- Social Security number or Student Tech ID
- Date of last attendance
- Your written signature
- The address where the transcript is to be mailed
- $5 for each transcript you request. Transcript requests must include payment and your request will not be processed until payment is received. Checks should be made payable to St. Cloud State University.
- MSU-Akita, Japan: Please indicate you were a student at MSU-Akita, Japan by writing "Akita" on the transcript request.
Please note: If you currently have outstanding financial obligations to the University, your transcript request will be returned.
Please refer to the instructions above for requesting a transcript from SCSU. In addition to completing the transcript request form (PDF: 10K / 1 page), please indicate you were a student at MSU—Akita, Japan by writing "Akita" on the transcript request. If you were also enrolled at SCSU, please submit a separate transcript request.